June 7, 1985
Mthatha, Eastern Cape
Warriors Rust High School|
|Years active||2006 - to date|
Zikhona Sodlaka (born 7 June 1985) is a South African actress best known for her starring role as Prisca on the SABC 1 soap opera, Generations, alongside Menzi Ngubane, Sophie Ndaba, Nambitha Mpumlwana, Patrick Shai, Seputla Sebogodi, Thami Mngqolo, Slindile Nodangala and Winnie Ntshaba. Along with these actors she was fired from that show in the wake of an unsolvable dispute arising from actor's contracts, salaries and long term earnings.
Zikhona Sodlaka appeared on e.tv's Rhythm City where she played the character of Suarez Baloyi. She has also featured in numerous television dramas including Soul City, Entabeni, A Place Called Home, Intsika, Housekeepers and InterSEXions. Zikhona Sodlaka as Nolitha Ntshinga on the first and second seasons of Montana; Ayanda Tau on the first, second and third season of Shooting Stars; ans as S'chotho on the first and second seasons of Igazi.
- Instagram, zikhonasodlaka, 19 August 2019
- Twitter, @zikhonasodlaka, 19 August 2019
- Facebook, @sodlakazikhona, 19 August 2019
Zikhona Sodlaka revealed while speaking to DJ Fresh on the Metro FM Fresh Breakfast that she has been asked by women on several occasions whether or not she is lesbian, "I get that question mostly from women. I don't get that question from men. It has become a big fat compliment in my life. For a woman to walk in the room and ask: “Are you giving me vibes?’ I’m just like: “..do you want me to give you vibes”...Do I love men or do I love women? I love men…" she said.
- TVSA, Zikhona Sodlaka, 19 August 2019
- Sowetan LIVE/ Sunday World, Mom's death a dampener, but show goes on for Zikhona Sodlaka, 19 August 2019
- Move!/ Channel24, Igazi's Zikhona Sodlaka’s mom has passed away, 19 August 2019
- ZAlebs, Zikhona Sodlaka on being questioned about her sexuality, 19 August 2019
- Times LIVE, Zikhona Sodlaka on questions about being lesbian, 19 August 2019