Cape Town, Western Cape
|Education||Springfield Convent Senior School|
|Alma mater||Rhodes University|
|Years active||2001 - to date|
Renate Stuurman (born 8 December) is a South African actress best known for her roles on SABC 1 youth drama Soul Buddyz as Layla, and on E.TV soap opera Scandal! as Tamia Bardill, where she acted alongside Luthuli Dlamini, Rami Chuene, Siyabonga Thwala, Sandy Mokwena and Welile Nzuza.
Renate has had roles on Schoop Schoombie, SOS, Backstage, 7de Laan, Isidingo, The Res, Jozi Streets, Jozi-H and Riemvasmaak. She portrayed the character of Sofia Phiri in the 2012 feature film Zama Zama, Dinah in the 2014 Phillip Noyce film The Giver, Princess in the 2016 feuture film Happiness Is a Four-letter Word, and Lindiwe in the 2018 film Table Manners.
In 2018 she was cast as Brenda on 1Magic's drama series Unmarried where she acted alongside Thembisa Mdoda, Keke Mphuthi, Nyaniso Dzedze, Fezile Makhanya and Stevel Marc, and The River as Sheree Jacobson where she acted alongside Sindi Dlathu, Hlomla Dandala, Moshidi Motshegwa, Linda Mtoba, Presley Chweneyagae and Don Mlangeni Nawa.
Renate Stuurman was born on 8 December in Cape Town in the Western Cape province of South Africa. She attended Springfield Convent Senior School in Wynberg, Cape Town in the Western Cape province. She obtained her drama degree at Rhodes University in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
- imdb, Renate Stuurman, 25 April 2019
- TVSA, Renate Stuurman, 25 April 2019
- afternoonexpress, Renate Stuurman, 25 April 2019
- timeslive, Vuyo Ngcukana & Renate Stuurman confirm romance with cosy snaps, 25 April 2019
- iol, Renate Stuurman joins #TheRiver1Magic, and fans are lovin' it, 25 April 2019
- capetalk, 'Unmarried' star Stuurman opens up about love and life, 25 April 2019