February 2, 1992
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
|Alma mater||University of the Witwatersrand|
|Years active||2014 - to date|
|Family||Londeka Mchunu (sister)|
Nelisa Mchunu (born 2 February 1992) is a South African actress, model, MC, motivational speaker and writer. She gained popularity for her portrayal of Fikile in the SABC 1 telenovela Uzalo alongside Simphiwe Majozi, Khaya Dladla, Baby Cele, Nyalleng Thibedi, Dawn Thandeka King and Nompilo Maphumulo.
Life and Career
Nelisa Mchunu was born on 2 February 1992 in the township of Inanda near the city of Durban in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa. In high school, she studied Dramatic Arts, and completed her BA honors in Media Studies at University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg.
Nelisa Mchunu made her television debut in a cameo role on SABC 3 soap opera, Isidingo, in 2014. In June 2016 was cast in a supporting role on Uzalo as Fikile, after the infamous funeral episode – the most watched episode in Uzalo’s history – Fikile has become a main character. Nelisa Mchunu has also starred in Heads of Tails, which was 48 hour film project.
- Instagram, neliisah, 08 September 2019
- Twitter, @neliisah, 08 September 2019
- Facebook, @Neliisah, 08 September 2019
- dailysun, Uzalo Actress says no to fake pastors! , 20 December 2018
- sistamag, 5 cool facts about Uzalo's Nelisa Mchunu, 20 December 2018
- news365, Uzalo’s Beautiful actress Fikile Aka Nelisa Mchunu in latest Pictures, 20 December 2018
- Pressreader/ TV Plus, Foul Mouth Fikile, 20 December 2018
- timeslive, Uzalo actress Nelisa Mchunu steps out of her character - warns against fake pastors, 20 December 2018
- clipkulture, Meet Nelisa Mchunu aka, Fikile Of SABC1’s Drama Series; Uzalo, 20 December 2018
- channel24, What makes Uzalo great?, 20 December 2018
- ecr, East Coast Drive chats to South Africa's very own 'Bonnie and Clyde' from 'Uzalo', 25 March 2019
- ZAlebs, Happy Belated Birthday To Nelisa Mchunu, 08 September 2019
- Celeb Gossip, HNaked pictures of Isithembiso actress Nelisa Mchunu have broken the internet, 08 September 2019