November 3, 1983
Gauteng, South Africa
|Years active||2003 - to date|
(2014 - to date)
Motlatsi Mafatshe (born 3 November 1983) is a South African actor, producer, director and musician. He gained popularity for his portrayal of the politically savvy Sechaba Moloi on the long running SABC 3 soap opera, Isidingo, where he has acted alongside the industry's greats including Robert Whitehead, Lindani Nkosi, Michaella Russell, Kgomotso Christopher, Kevin Smith and Linda Sokhulu.
He initially rose to public attention for his portrayal of Wandile Dlomo on the e.tv sports drama series Shooting Stars and as Last Born on the SABC 2 drama series Hola Mpinji. He had roles in When We Were Black and uGugu no Andile starring Lungelo Dhladhla as Gugu and Litha Booi as Andile.
Motlatsi Mafatshe played Dalgado in the 2007 film Brothers in Arms: 1978 and Chappies in the 2010 film State of Violence starring Presley Chweneyagae, Fana Mokoena and Vusi Kunene. Motlatsi Mafatshe starred in 2011 Sara Blecher directed Otelo Burning alongside Jafta Mamabolo, Thomas Gumede, Nolwazi Shange and Kenneth Nkosi. He featured in 2012 films Gog' Helen and Zama Zama. In 2013 he played Mandla in Fanie Fourie's Lobola. In 2016 he appeared on Mrs Right Guy.
Pitch Black Afro Incident
According to reports Motlatsi Mafatshe was heavily assaulted by famed rapper Pitch Black Afro and his entourage. However, in is own words during an interview with DJ Fresh on Metro FM, he says he was slapped in the face once and immediately escorted out of the building after his friend snatched Pitch Black Afro's wig during premier party of the film, Tsotsi.
"It was nice, the celebs are happy. Everybody, I think, is drunk there and my friend snatches Afro's hair. A fight starts and I'm in the middle. I am going, 'Guys! What's happening?' and then suddenly whoosh," Motlatsi Mafatshe told DJ Fresh.
Motlatsi Mafatshe married his long time girlfriend fashion designer Millicent Nkangane in December 2014. In 2016 they welcomed a baby boy.
- Times LIVE, Motlatsi Mafatshe's wife: Thank you for making sure I'm the best, 01 December 2018
- News24/ Drum, PICTURES: Motlatsi Mafatshe ties the knot , 01 December 2018
- TVSA, Motlatsi Mafatshe, 01 December 2018
- Afternoon Express, Motlatsi Mafatshe, 01 December 2018
- Times LIVE, Motlatsi Mafatshe on becoming a Isidingo director: I'm more than just Sechaba, 01 December 2018
- GQ, Don Mlangeni, Motlatsi Mafatshe honoured for stellar roles, 01 December 2018
- IMDb, Motlatsi Mafatshe Biography, 01 December 2018
- News24/ Drum, Motlatsi Mafatshe and wife ready for arrival of baby boy, 01 December 2018
- ZAlebs, It's Complicated actor: Motlatsi Mafatshe is about to be a dad, 01 December 2018