October 5, 1991
Alberton, East Rand
Gauteng, South Africa
Albertview Primary School|
|Years active||2014 - to date|
Makgotso M (born 5 October 1991) is a South African actress who made her screen acting debut with a guest role in the third season of the SABC 1 sitcom My Perfect Family in 2014. She went on to star on the SABC 3 soapie, Isidingo, alongside Khanya Mkhangisa and Tema Sebopedi. Makgotso M starred on the Mzansi Magic drama series, Is'thunzi, alongside Thuso Mbedu, Zikhona Bali, Yolanda Kgaka and Nandi Nyembe. In 2017 she portrayed the character of Nandi on the third season of Saints and Sinners.
Makgotso M has had roles on shows such as Muvhango, Mutual Friends, Ring of Lies, Sober Companion, Sokhulu & Partners, MTV Shuga, Ring of Lies, Saints and Sinners, The Girl From St Agnes and in a feature film Ayanda, produced by Terry Pheto.
Makgotso M was born Makgotso Monyemokathoe on 5 October 1991 in Alberton in East Rand in the Gauteng province of South Africa. She attended Albertview Primary School, until the age of 11. In 2002 her mother got a job in England, as a nurse, but she moved to England the following year. In England, she attended at The Priory School. Makgotso completed a BA Joint Honours Degree in Theatre Studies, Film and Television at Brunel University. During the three-year time period of her degree, Makgotso completed a short course at the National Youth Theatre, which ended with a final performance at the National Theatre.
Friendship with Thuso Mbedu
- Cosmopolitan, 5 Reasons Why Makgotso M Is Our #WCW, 20 February 2019
- TVSA, Makgotso M, 20 February 2019
- youthvillage, Actress Makgotso M On How She Handles Four TV Roles At Once, 20 February 2019
- dailysun, PICS: INSIDE MAKGOTSO M’S BDAY PARTY! , 20 February 2019
- news24, The rise and rise of Makgotso M , 20 February 2019
- sowetanlive, Makgotso M returns to the small screen, 20 February 2019
- Instagram, makgotsom1, 20 February 2019
- Twitter, @MakgotsoM1, 20 February 2019
- Facebook, MakgotsoMOficial, 20 February 2019
- sowetanlive, Makgotso - from bullied to bravery, 21 February 2019