February 10, 1981
|Alma mater||Pretoria Technical College|
|Years active||2001 - to date|
Maggie Benedict (born 10 February 1981) is a South African actress, writer and producer best known for her portrayal of Akhona Griffiths on Generations until she was fired along with 15 other actors in August 2014 over a prolonged wage dispute. In 2015 she starred on the e.tv telenovela Ashes to Ashes alongside some members of the Generations 16 including Mandla Gaduka and Nambitha Mpumlwana.
Maggie Benedict has had roles on The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, The Mating Game, Hard Copy, Binnelanders and Geraamtes in die Kas. In 2017 she made a guest appearance on the US drama series, The Good Doctor, where she portrayed the character of Georgieta Bangura.
Maggie Benedict was accused and later acquitted of shoplifting charges after an open box of painkillers was found in her purse at the Checkers Supermarket at Cresta Shopping Mall in Johannesburg. She explained that she had bought the box of painkillers two weeks before the incident, and kept the tablets in her handbag. After nearly two years Maggie Benedict was acquitted with Magistrate Pravina Raghunandan stating that her (Maggie Benedict's) version of events was "not so improbable that it can’t be accepted". The magistrate then ordered that the case to be dropped.
- Mail & Guardian, Striking Generations cast members sacked, 09 August 2019
- Channel24, Generations 16 clap back at Mfundi Vundla, 09 August 2019
- TVSA, Maggie Benedict, 09 August 2019
- IMDb, Maggie Benedict, 09 August 2019
- OK Mzansi, Maggie Benedict’s Shoplifting Drama Continues!, 09 August 2019
- All 4 Women, Maggie Benedict acquitted of theft charges, 09 August 2019
- Drum/ News24, Maggie Benedict acquitted of theft, 09 August 2019
- Daily Sun, MAGGIE BENEDICT MAKES A CAMEO IN US SERIES, 09 August 2019
- ZAlebs, Maggie Benedict features on American series, 09 August 2019