November 7, 1978
|Education||University of Cape Town|
|Years active||2001 - to date|
Katlego Danke (born 7 November 1978) is a South African actress and television presenter Best known for her long-running role as Dineo Mashaba on SABC 1 soap opera Generations. She starred on the show for 9 years. In 2010, she won the South African Film and TV Award (SAFTA) for Best Actress for her role on the soap.
Katlego Danke was born on 7 November 1978 in the North West province of South Africa. She graduated from the University of Cape Town in 2001 with a BA degree in Theatre and Performance. Throughout her childhood she stayed in different places like Mafikeng (now Mahikeng), Mabopane, Garankuwa and Potchefstroom.
- Instagram, katlegodankeofficial, 14 August 2019
- Twitter, @katlegodanke, 14 August 2019
- Facebook, Katlego Danke, 14 August 2019
She started acting in theatre productions such as Beyond The Veil, The House of Kalumba, The Town that was Mad (Based on ‘Under Milkwood’), Crimes of the Heart (wherein she was the Stage Manager), Occupational Therapy Project, King Lear, The Suit, Miss Tertiary Feel, and Brett Bailey’s acclaimed opera adaptation of Macbeth,in 2001. Katlego made her television debut in a cameo role in the sitcom SOS, in 2001.
- TVSA, Katlego Danke, 11 August 2018
- famousbirthdays, Katlego Danke, 11 August 2018
- iol, Katlego makes the world her stage on Generations, 11 August 2018
- oresego, Katlego Dankes , 11 August 2018
- W24, Katlego Danke on how she struggled to love herself, 14 August 2019
- Sowetan LIVE, Katlego Danke faces house being repossessed, 14 August 2019
- Times LIVE, Katlego Danke: I didn’t want to see my own image, even when getting dressed, 14 August 2019
- Times LIVE, Katlego Danke drops some wisdom: Check your own insecurities, 14 August 2019