Gauteng, South Africa
|Years active||2009 - to date|
Damanola Thabo "Smol" Mabogwane|
Robert "Murdah" Mahosana
Black Motion is a South African music group, a duo, consisting of Damanola Thabo "Smol" Mabogwane and Robert "Murdah" Mahosana. The duo has emerged among the most innovative musicians in South Africa releasing celebrated albums such as Banane Mavoko Remixes, Mumi Wango, Talking To The Drums, Aquarian Drums, Mtshongolo, Ya Badimo, Rainbow, and Moya Wa Taola.
Buy Black Motion's Music
Racism Incident on the British Airways Flight
Black Motion, namely Damanola Thabo "Smol" Mabogwane and Robert "Murdah" Mahosana, after they were forced out of British Airways business class despite having the tickets. After they refused to be subjected to racism, the hostess informed the captain who proceeded to accuse them of terrorism - saying they were [["aggressive" and he "was avoiding a 911" - and had them forcibly removed from the airplane along with their support staff, Nicky Seema and JJ Nchabeleng who were seated on economy class.
According to reports, after the British Airways staff released that the pair were famous musicians, they apologised and offered to get them onto the next available flight.
"The fact is that there were only two black people in business class and they were asked to move. When they asked why they were being chosen‚ they (the air hostess) told them their ticket was cheaper. We asked them why they were not accommodating us and they said they were doing so by putting us in economy.
"They said that it was not about race but the truth is this only happened because they did not know they were Black Motion and they saw two boys and thought they could undermine them," Nicky Seema was quoted.
Comair (British Airways franchisee) and British Airways later said in a statement, "We have been made aware of this incident. Comair and British Airways will not tolerate racism. We regard these allegations as very serious and they thus warrant thorough investigation. We will establish what happened and take whatever action is required‚” said Comair's Shaun Pozyn.
- Sowetan, The timeless sound of Black Motion, 12 April 2020
- Daily Sun, Black Motion to Release a New Single ft Msaki, 12 April 2020
- Billboard, South African House Duo Black Motion Open Up About Their Influences & History at Johannesburg Home Studio, 12 April 2020
- Beat Port, Black Motion, 12 April 2020
- Discogs, Black Motion, 12 April 2020
- Last FM, Black Motion, 12 April 2020
- Sowetan LIVE, Car problem nearly derails Black Motion, 12 April 2020
- Sowetan LIVE, Black Motion want R3.7m after 'racist' plane incident, 12 April 2020
- Sowetan LIVE, Black Motion 'escorted off flight by police' after alleged racist incident, 12 April 2020