Atandwa Duduza Yiduthi Kani|
June 4, 1984
Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape
|Alma mater||University of the Witwatersrand|
|Years active||2007 - to date|
Thembisa Mdoda (m.2012-2015)|
Fikile Mthwalo (m.2015)
Atandwa Kani (6 June 1984) is a South African film, television and stage actor. He is the son of legendary actor John Kani with whom he has appeared on numerous production including the critically acclaimed American superhero film, Black Panther. Atandwa Kani briefly portrayed the character of Samora Lembede on Generations and would later have his contract terminated for engaging in a strike action with 15 other actors.
Atandwa Kani was in an on again/ off again relationship famed actress Thembisa Mdoda. The pair was reportedly married from 2012 to 2015 but the relationship fell apart amid rumours that Thembisa Mdoda was unfaithful. It emerged that the twin boys Thembisa Mdoda gave birth to in 2012 were not fathered by Atandwa Kani. In a lengthy Facebook post Atandwa Kani shared a series of events leading to the revelation that the twin boys were not his biological children.
Atandwa Kani went on to marry actress Fikile Mthwalo in 2015.
- Information Cradle, Atandwa Kani Biography, Age, Wife, Twins, Wedding and Films, 01 February 2019
- IMDb, Atandwa Kani, 01 February 2019
- TVSA, Atandwa Kani, 01 February 2019
- Times LIVE, Atandwa Kani: If I keep the SA accent I'm only going to play a refugee, 01 February 2019
- Youth Village, “She Is My Inspiration,” Atandwa Kani Gushes Over His Wife’s Graduation, 01 February 2019
- Mail & Guardian, Striking Generations cast members sacked, 01 February 2019
- Channel24, Generations 16 clap back at Mfundi Vundla, 01 February 2019
- Move!/ News24, DRAMA: Atandwa Kani gets fired up on Thembisa Mdoda's lies, 01 February 2019