December 2, 1984
Mafikeng, North West
|Education||Mafikeng High School|
|Years active||2004 - to date|
|Website||Script error: No such module "URL".|
Thato Molamu (born 02 December 1984) is a South African actor and television personality. He gained widespread fame for his portrayal of the notorious Nicholas Nomvete on the SABC 1 flagship soap opera Generations. Thato Molamu was among the sixteen actors fired from Generations along with Menzi Ngubane, Nambitha Mpumlwana, Katlego Danke and the longest serving actor on that show at the time Sophie Ndaba.
He went on to star on the e.tv original drama series Umlilo with Hamilton Dlamini, Nokuthula Ledwaba, Gcina Mkhize, Omuhle Gela and Nomzamo Mbatha. In 2016 Thato Molamu starred as Bakang Nkwe on the Ferguson Films/ Mzansi Magic original telenovela The Queen with Sello Maake Ka-Ncube, Sthembiso Khoza, Dineo Moeketsi and Connie Ferguson, however in the second season his character was killed off.
Thato Molamu works closely with a North West province based charity organisation, Sangoco. "I’m working closely with a North West charity programme called Sangoco where I am the brand ambassador. We do cultural exchanges with overseas countries and conduct workshops for aspirant artists. I am pro-education: if we don’t educate, we’ll have problems like crime and HIV," he told Lesley Mofokeng during a City Press interview.
- Times LIVE, Thato Molamu: We are on a path to self-destruction if we don’t check ourselves, 29 November 2018
- TVSA, Thato Molamu, 29 November 2018
- ZAlebs, Things you didn't know about Thato Molamu, 29 November 2018
- IMDb, Thato Molamu Biography, 29 November 2018
- News24/ City Press, Chit Chat: Thato Molamu, 29 November 2018
- Mail & Guardian, Striking Generations cast members sacked, 29 November 2018