Masoja Josiah Msiza|
October 5, 1964
Gauteng, South Africa
|Years active||1994 - to date|
Masoja Msiza (born 5 October 1964) is a South African poet, musician, and actor. He is best known for his portrayal of Nkunzi Mhlongo on Uzalo alongside Glen Gabela, Baby Cele, Gugu Gumede, Dawn Thandeka King and Khaya Dladla. In 2014 he starred on Mzansi Magic's telenovela Isibaya alongside Vusi Kunene, Sdumo Mtshali, Bheki Mkhwane, Nomzamo Mbatha, Siyabonga Thwala and Thembi Nyandeni.
Masoja began his career as a poet and later became a stage and television actor, musician and storyteller. He is the brains behind the Lentswe Poetry Project spots on SABC 2 and has published two collections of poetry entitled The Voice of Hope and Avalon.
Masoja Msiza has had roles on shows such as Umlilo, Jozi Streets, Mtunzini.com, Scandal, Isidingo, A Place Called Home, Sokhulu & Partners, Shreds and Dreams, InterSEXions, Zone 14, Rhythm City, iNkaba, Zabalaza, Ya Lla and Mfolozi Street.
- 'youthvillage, 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Masoja Msiza, 14 January 2019
- bona, Uzalo’s Masoja Msiza is the man we love to hate, 14 January 2019
- TVSA, Masoja Msiza, 14 January 2019
- sowetourban, Uzalo’s Nkunzi in Soweto, 14 January 2019
- timeslive, Uzalo’s Masoja Msiza: People need to stop criticising my Zulu, 14 January 2019
- channel24, Hot new boxing telenovela to hit Mzansi Magic soon!, 14 January 2019
- mytvnews, Who is Nkunzi on Uzalo? Meet Masoja Msiza, 14 January 2019
- iol, Masoja Msiza on playing sly and ruthless 'Nkunzi', 14 January 2019